Iphone case, camera case, gadget case, Italian design

Iphone case, camera case, gadget case, Perfect gift, Milano, craft, fashion
TokyoInspired is a design and craft venture I started two years ago in Tokyo. I left Tokyo, but kept the name so my customers can find me. This blog is an opportunity to share something of my life, my inspiration and work. I don't know yet how it will turn out, but hopefully you find it interesting. Thanks for visiting!

Waiting for the bus like a Swede...

My son showed me this on Reddit. Hahaha. There is actually some truth to it, and then once the bus comes they probably sit as far from each other as possible. Here in Milan, people are to busy socializing to queue up, and when the tram comes, everybody is surprised and there is a mad scramble for the doors. I seem to always have the weirdest conversations on the tram. Yesterday I was late for a meeting, and the driver was really slow, missing every single green light. The lady next to me started explaining me that it was because Jesus stopped loving us. And the proof of that (apart from the tram getting stuck at every red light) was the cold snap we are having, the economic crisis and all earthquakes. Despite the late tram, I made it on time to the meeting, so maybe Jesus loves me a little bit after all :) Happy Friday everyone!

11 comments:

  1. ahahah... this is soo true,what a difference between Italy and Sweden.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Here in DC, we have people from all different backgrounds taking the bus and metro, so it's kind of a mix of social customs as far as personal space and talking to strangers. Although, once on the train, it's packed, and everyone is right up against everyone else, whether that's comfortable or not! You do meet some strange folks on public transportation, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there is quite a difference in how we behave, maybe there is too much space for each person in Sweden, so we get a bit socially awkward. Glad you enjoyed it Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny because I was living in Sweden for a year and I remember once I was talking with a neighbour in her room and when we finnised I realizad that she was totally against the wall. I was "invading" her personal space! :) While we were talking I guess I approached too much to her and then she moved back a little bit and so on, so that in the end she couldn't move anymore because of the wall hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a funny thing for someone to say. Oh well, I guess Jesus still loves us because we are having an incredibly mild winter this year. Very warm, little snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you are waiting for the bus, or riding it for that matter, you are busy thinking about things that really matter to you. Hearing randoms rambling about Jesus would just ruin my day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, this IS real, and it is in fact one of the reasons why I left Sweden permanently. People are so hard to reach that it is difficult to find friends, especially in the larger cities. People are so suspicious! If you confront a stranger and try to socialize a bit (basically just trying to be friendly) they will immediately think there is some kind of hidden agenda behind it. Swedes strive for maximum distance to people they do not know, while waiting for the bus, inside the bus, ...

    ReplyDelete